We support students (undergraduates, postgraduates and PhD candidates) of all disciplines in realising their ideas and projects. You can receive funding for research projects, exhibitions, congresses, printing and much more!
Who Can Apply?
Every member of Humboldt-University as well as every member of HUG is eligible.
What Kinds Of Projects Can Be Funded?
According to her articles of association, HUG can cover costs for
- Advertisement- and marketing, both digital and print
- Technical equipment
- Brain work (design of a website, editing, translations, …)
- Photo and video recordings
- In selected cases we can also cover travel expenses, accommodation and catering
In most cases we help kickstart a project with up to €1.000. In selected cases funding up to €1.500 is possible.
HUG occasionally supports large-scale projects – in those cases our board of directors decides on whether or not the project can be funded.
What Cannot Be Funded?
- Non-academic projects
- Printing of thesis papers and dissertations
- Travel expenses and accomodation
- Fees for speakers
- Study grants and tuition fees
Notes On The Application Process
- Signed application form
- Exposé including budget
- Studienbescheinigung of the main applicant
- HU members: brief CV
Applications may be submitted all year round. However, they must be submitted digitally as a single PDF file to email@example.com six weeks prior to the starting date. We advise you to get in touch with us while you are still in your planning phase. Before applying, please take note of our Terms and Conditions.
Our team is happy to answer any questions you may have about the application process.